January 17, 2014

Beautiful Paper Rose Wreath

Lately, I've been playing around with wreath-making, for the first time in many, many years. It's been very rewarding to be able to look at my finished product up on the wall/door so often, unlike the handmade cards and scrapbook pages that we don't see as much.  



I made this wreath for Mom for this past Christmas & she LOVES it! It took WAY more time than I anticipated, about 24 hours total hands-on time, but the end result was so worth it.
This is a terrible picture. I took it at night before I gave it to Mom. Night time and pictures, not a great combo I guess. I'm still learning how to take decent pics and still have a ways to go! 



I made this one for our home. I made a mistake when assembling this one and made each rose smaller than they should've been by leaving out one of the pieces. So this wreath is thinner than Mom's. I used a swirly patterned paper and sprayed each rose with glitter spray, which I do love the look of... I LOVE bling!!! But with this design, I think I like the simplicity of plain white cardstock.

I also made a beautiful ornament wreath that you will find on my Christmas Craftiness page if you'd care to take a look. 

I hope you will enjoy browsing my crafts and maybe get inspired to make some yourself! I find it so therapeutic, like a fun little escape from all the serious business of life. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, Thank you so much for linking up. Your wreath is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy! Mom loves it so that makes me love it too :)

    ReplyDelete