January 17, 2014

Christmas Craftiness

Since I just started my blog, even though Christmas time is over, I'm going to put up my Christmas crafts here... better late than never, I guess! LOL I've found many ideas on Pinterest. Ok I admit it... I'm Christine, and I'm a Pinterest Addict! But I'd never do a 12-step program because I enjoy my addiction so much! :)

So anyhow, here ya go...

I made this little Advent box out of small match boxes. If you do a Pinterest search, you will find sites that give instructions but I'm too lazy for that so I'll just show you my finished product! The little "drawers" are just the right size for one miniature Hershey bar! It's totally adorable and I loved making it.



I had drooled over these types of ornament wreaths for several years but the cost was too prohibitive. I figured that with my frugal nature and some creativity, (along with some great Pinterest ideas) I could pull this off! It way a total pain in the butt to make, but I love how it turned out so it was worth the time. I've found them for around town for about $50-$90, but I was able to make mine for only $10-$12 total!!! I simply used bulbs I got from the Dollar Tree and a wire hanger, bent into a circle, for the base.

The reason it took soooo long was that the little plastic "hanger" tops that are attached to each bulb were very cheap and would come off the bulb and/or break off as I assembled it. So, in the end, I decided to take on the very time-consuming task of hot gluing my own little hangers made of string onto EACH BULB before adding it to the wreath. My fingers paid the price!!! Hot glue and I are not friends...

It also took many, many tries of putting on & taking off the bulbs to find just the right order that gave it a nice mix of colors & styles without too many gaps in it. I am extremely please with how it turned out!

I think this is one hobby I may adopt into my crafting time in the future!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment