March 15, 2014

Black & White Double Zig-Zag Card/ Accordian Card/ Cascade Card

Hey there, I'm happy to share my latest creation with you. 

I made this for Mom for Mother's Day... I know, I know... it's nowhere near Mothers's Day. But when I saw this style of card on Pinterest, I had to find an excuse to make one right away!!!

I saw several examples on Pinterest, referred to as either an accordian card or zig-zag card. So many beautiful cards and I was particularly drawn to the ones that incorporated lots of "swirls" and flowers. I used my Cricut (of course!) for all of these shapes.

 I followed the directions from one particular tutorial, which was clear and simple to follow... 



I hope my Mom will love it as much as I do! I spent a lot of time on this card and really enjoyed my paper playtime!!!

Have you tried a zig-zag/accordian style card yet? You can make one that is much more simplified that will still look beautiful if you don't have the several hours to spend on yours, as I did on this one. 

Well, ta-ta-for-now! Blessings and Happy Crafting!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! This is fabulous, Christine. I love that you used only B&W... really classy and elegant!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Asha! I'm glad you like it! I made another one similar to this one in pink and turquoise but already gifted it to a friend for her birthday. Wish I had taken a picture first. I'm really enjoying getting back into crafting! Your blog entries are really inspiring to me too!
    Blessings & Happy Crafting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these swirls and the black and white! Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bonnie! I just finished checking out your blog and o my goodness, I am in LOVE with that butterfly on the pinkish "smooshed" background! It's really to die for! I decided to sell some things on Etsy and I will be making another card like this to sell and one for Mom. Wish me luck! :) Thanks for stopping by, Bonnie! :)

    ReplyDelete