March 12, 2014

Oh Baby!!! Adorable Cricut Cards

Hey friends! So happy you decided to drop by! 

My son bought me the Baby Steps Cricut cartridge for my birthday last month and I instantly fell in LOVE with it! I think the images are just too cute for words and I can't wait for an opportunity to give one of these cards to a mommy-to-be & hopefully make them smile.

I think I'll craft another set of these in blues and greens for a baby boy card. Do you think I should make one in yellows for someone expecting a precious package without knowing whether it's an innie or an outie? Probably will... these baby cutouts are too stinkin adorable to stay away for long!

These cards took much longer to assemble than I anticipated but I love them. There are several pieces to cut and assemble and since some of them are really tiny it was a little "fussy" to put together. Totally worth it, don't you think? 

Materials: a bit of ribbon, Cricut 'Baby Steps' cut-outs, Cricut Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder, Sizzix 'Decorative Dots' embossing folder and the "hello baby" sentiment is from the Stampin Up 'Teenie Tiny Wishes' set.


Materials: a bit of ribbon, Cricut 'Baby Steps' cut-outs, Cricut 'Elegant Edges' frame for the sentiment, all on a Sizzix 'Framed Tulips' embossing folder, some Stickles on the edge of the cloud and in the tiny dots around the sentiment. The "hello baby" sentiment is also from the Stampin Up 'Teenie Tiny Wishes' set.

I'll soon be tinkering around with some Tim Holtz distressing inks I just bought. I'd like to give my creations more dimension but so far I am a bit intimidated by the whole distressing process.

I've got plenty of experience inking the edges with stamp pads but that soft look I see on many cards these days is just beautiful and I'd love to learn to do that. Can any of you wonderful crafters point me in the right direction for instructions and/or tutorials? 

I've been staying inside a lot the past few months Playing with my Papers. The weather has been CRAZY here lately! Yesterday it was in the mid-60's and today we're having a blizzard with over a foot of snow!!! We can go from shorts weather to snowsuit weather in less than 24 hours!!! That's upstate NY for ya! LOL

Have you taken advantage of the long, cold winter to stay in and Play with Paper? :)

Blessings & Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment