February 17, 2014

Scrapbook layouts... a blast from the past

Hey guys, I was recently going through my pictures of layouts and other paper crafts that I've made throughout the years and thought I'd throw a few up here.

These are from the years when I first got into scrapbooking and had a very small stash of paper and embellishments. Being a homeschool mom, we were on a very tight budget so I had to scrapbook on a string! 


I apologize that the picture quality is pretty bad. Back then I had a really old camera and used a paper scanner for many of them. I often take pictures of my layouts and paper projects as a record, just in case, God forbid, anything should happen to them. These days, I have a pretty nice Nikon and use a light box to get a much nicer result... 



Ok, this is me!
This was taken by my daughter on a regular old morning during our homeschool lessons. Not a great picture but this was a typical look for me at that time in our lives. An AMAZING time for me, and they have a lot of good memories too.

So anyhow, I accepted a challenge to do a layout all about ourselves and worked up the nerve to do it. Somehow it seemed wrong, or prideful, or something, I don't know. But I was able to see a lot more good things about myself than I normally thought of myself in my daily life. 

I think it was good for me to remember these things about myself instead of just looking at my mistakes or forgetting about my "whole self". You may want to give it a try for yourself and see what insights you might find! :)



Our favorite Christmastime book when the kids were little was actually from a poem written by Robert Frost. We still have that wonderfully illustrated book and it comes out every Christmas season. 
This was Josh when he was my little Boo. Can you believe his chubby little cheekers?



So here's Baby Girl... a LONG time ago... 16 to be exact! I used to sing 'My Favorite Things' with the kids when they were little and this was a record of her favorite things at age 3! She loves this page now and so do I... it's not anything extravagant or fancy but I love it for what it is. 
  


This is the Favorite Things record for Baby Boy at age 21 months. In this picture, he was doing his favorite thing at the time... hiding in boxes and jumping out to surprise us! hahaha It was precious and I cannot look at this picture without smiling!



I found this simple layout in a gallery somewhere on Twopeasinabucket.com and decided to make one for each of my kiddos and hubby. I love the simplicity of them because it showcases their faces and the love I feel for them... sappy, huh? They are awesome people and I can't help being sappy about them!

This one is Baby Girl when she was about 6. She was holding her favorite stuffed animal, Snow the puppy. She had that thing forever and the strangest thing is that the furbaby we just rescued looks EXACTLY like her!!!! God is cool that way ;)



Josh's smile here says it all... no need to go on...



This is Vinny back in his mustache years. I can't say that I miss them but he's still my hottie either way. But with his clean shaven face, I don't get tickled when I kiss him now! And I have to say, I like kissing that man ;)



Sarah was only 2 years old here but for some reason she looked older in these pics. Anyhow, I wanted to capture the closeness we have always had between us so this simple layout did just that. The hearts are everywhere because she is such a sweetheart! :)



This was Josh's first time shoveling the sidewalk and he was SO proud of himself! He was only 10 so he was not yet aware of how much he would come to HATE this job over the years! HAHA 

For the embossed snowflakes, I actually had to use a stencil and embossing tool. It's so much easier to emboss with the Big Shot but I did quite a bit of it the old fashioned way throughout the 11 albums I've made so far.


Well, that's it for now... I hope you enjoyed my old memories along with me.
Be blessed and happy scrapping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment