February 5, 2014

Flower Spinner Card: Kinetic Card

Hello friends! I have been taking advantage of the cold, snowy Upstate NY weather lately to spend more time in my beloved craft room. Snow away, I say!!!

How are you faring this winter? Hope you are finding ways to keep warm! A nice, hot cup of coffee, my snuggly cheetah slippers and cozy little craft room keep me warm & comfy.

Ok, onto some craftiness!!! I recently came across an awesome blogger, Veronica Chambers. She has a blog here: InkAllusions.blogspot.com and a YouTube account here: TheCoutureCrafter. She has a ton of really great video tutorials on YouTube for paper crafts.

I love how she really takes her time to explain things in layman's terms so even newbies like me can follow her! It's a bonus that all of the things she makes are gorgeous! Thanks for the great ideas, Veronica! :)

This video tutorial inspired me to make a couple of "spinner" cards of my own. Here's one I made for someone's birthday... not sure who yet, but I hope they will find it as pretty and whimsical as I do!

I wish I had taken a picture of the one I made for my niece, Jenna, for her 10th birthday. I really love how it turned out and she was excited to receive it... she spent quite a while playing with it... rewinding and opening it, each time with a huge smile and giggle!!! Man, do I love that munchkin!




Materials:

I used Versa Mark ink with a large floral stamp (no idea what brand), with holographic embossing powder to cover the entire card base. Added a 3-layer flower and 2 frame cutouts in blue and green cardstock- all cut with my beloved Cricut.

I used Stickles to outline the blue cutout by cutting 2 of them, one slightly smaller than the blue one, and used that as a sort of stencil, so that I could paint on the Stickles, if that makes any sense. I also painted Stickles onto the tiny white flower in the center of the flower on the front of the card. Can you tell I have a thing for Stickles? ;)

The "spinner" is made out of a silk flower sandwiched between 2 paper flowers that I cut out with my Cricut (of course!!!), shaped to make them look 3D, then 2 small paper flowers by Target's Got Flowers?, followed up with an eyelet in the middle. Watch Veronica's tutorial to see how she put it all together. She made it really simple! So fun and I think it's pretty adorable. :)

Have you made any kinetic/movement cards? Spinner cards? I'm interested in learning to make lots more unique and/or quirky cut cards. Feel free to show yours off here! Also, if you know of some more great tutorials, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment if you'd like...

Blessings to you :)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't made a movement card...ever. Time to fix that. I'll definitely look at the video. And your card turned out great! The flower is gorgeous! Thank for sharing, Christine. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet encouragement, Asha! I have played around with a bunch of different styles of cards that move, unique cuts, etc... and they are so fun! Everyone who receives them are pleasantly surprised by how different they are. I hope you will enjoy trying your hand at them as well. I'd love to see what you make!!! You have a blessed weekend too. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your card, such a clever way to do a spinner.Thanks for joining us at CMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn! I kinda fell in love with this style lately. I'm about to try a new unique cut card today so we'll see how that goes. I'm still a bit of a newbie but I really enjoy it! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

      Delete