February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day Spinner Card: Kinetic Card

Hi friends!!! I've been MIA for a while but I've been sick and haven't been real active with crafting lately. But I'm glad to be back and so happy you decided to drop by. :)

I know this is kind of late to post, but I just finished it this morning!!! Nothing like waiting til the last minute, huh? Well, it's not quite as bad as it sounds. Hubby and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day today instead. We want to go out to dinner tonight and figured maybe the crowds would be a little less insane tonight... we shall see!

Here's the card I made for my love. I tried to keep it as masculine as possible, but still incorporate a heart and a little pink and red. I used my Cricut (what else?!?) to cut the heart and border on the cover of the card. I used MS Word to print out the inside message.

It has 3 pages, the front, 1 inside page, and the back where the message goes. I added that center page to keep the black heart behind the spinner heart so that the inside message didn't show through, since I tried that and it just didn't look right.

I had to go with another spinner card, since I've recently fallen in love with this style. So stinkin cute. I made another spinner card that I posted here, in case you want to take a peek.




I decided to remove the picture of the message page since it may have been a bit too saucy for some. Needless to say, hubby found it very amusing!!!

Here's the tutorial where I found instructions to make a spinner card. Thanks again, Vee!!! She is an awesome crafter, btw. I highly recommend checking out her video tutorials, as well as her blog.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my card ! I'd love to see your spinner/kinetic cards too! :)

2 comments: