February 18, 2014

Scripture Mini-Book

Hey there, thanks for dropping by! Since I've been going back through my craft history, I thought I'd share some of my favorite older projects... 

This one was a mini Scripture book for my Mom for her birthday several years ago. She is a devout Christian and loves to read the Word so I thought she would appreciate this. Indeed, she did.


I added a lot of Bible verses mixed with things about her that make her uniquely her, uniquely SPECIAL. She is my best friend so this came to me naturally...


I printed a lot of the verses using MS Word and some from various stamps in my collection...


The entire family... myself, my hubby, my son, my daughter and my Dad, all wrote a special message to her to add to the book. These added a very personal touch that she appreciated so much!


The messages were inserted as they were written, not printed from the computer. My kids were pretty young then, as you can tell by their handwriting! My Dad insisted his writing was too horrid and had me type his up to print. He wrote her a poem instead of just a note... it was so so sweet!!!!!!!


Mom and I share a faith in God that brings us even closer to each other. Mom was the one who led me to Jesus when I was just 3 years old. She is the most gentle and loving woman I have ever met. I'm so blessed she is my Mom.


Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed seeing one of my all-time favorite paper projects. Mom loves this and still looks at it often.

Have you ever tried your hand at a mini-book? This was SO much fun to make! Maybe you can make one too... please come back & share it with me if you do... I'd LOVE to see how special and unique yours will be!!!!

Blessings and Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment